Top FIVE reasons why I got “nothing” done, this week:
5. Last week of summer, cram all that stuff in that you promised the kids you were going to do, and never did. (Water park? That new movie? Nature Center? The Museum? That craft project? Sleepovers?!?!)
4. “Mom, Mom! MOM!??? MOOOOM!” Can we go call for the neighbors? What are we doing tomorrow? Why does he get more M&M’s than me? What is for dinner? Can we make our own? Can you help us? Can we go buy a Wii game?”
3. Two minutes later… “MOOOOOOM can we play with the neighbors for just 10 minutes? Why not? Where are my Pokémon cards? New shirt? Favorite Pj’s? Why is her window rolled down more than mine? Can Bobby sleepover tonight?”
2. Motivation went down the drain, like the day old margaritas from the neighborhood patio party, last night.
1. FIVE WORDS: Back to School SHOE Shopping
At first I did not know what was happening. It caught me off guard. I was losing focus and motivation, quickly. I had projects with deadlines and people waiting for me. I could not get it going this week. ‘What was wrong with me?’ I asked several times… and it was only Tuesday!
Aha! Must be it! It is the week before school starts. Like childbirth amnesia, I forget, every time. The week before school starts we all get a bit squirrely. I love my children, of course, and love seeing their full and bright big blue eyes every single day. I love summer and the freedom is gives our family. I love the Midwest weather this time of year and all the trips to the pool. I love watching their love of life and jubilant bodies run and run, all day long.
HOWEVER…. I also love what I do. I love to write and speak to women about the commonalities we all face- the highs and the lows; the stress and the need for soulful peace. I love finding humor in our shared experiences. I just could not do it all this week.
SO, it is TIME. It is time for this family to get back on point and back on a schedule. It is time to get back to the structure in which this crew operates so well… it is TIME FOR THE KIDS TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL!
Who is with me, ladies?
Would you like my posts delivered to your inbox? Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog!